I have the BEST pumpkin bread recipe that works wonderfully at our high altitude of 5,395 feet in Farmington!
It’s incredibly light, moist, and melts in your mouth.
How do you find the best recipes ever??? You shamelessly ask for them. That’s my secret.
My son’s best friend’s mom brought us over some pumpkin bread down in Socorro. It was absolutely amazing! Of course, I asked her for the recipe. She kindly shared it with me. Thanks Virginia!
Now I can share the recipe with you.
- -2 1/2 cups flour (wheat works well too)
- -1 2/3 cups of sugar
- -2 teaspoons of baking soda
- -1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- -1 teaspoon of ginger
- -1 teaspoon of salt
- -4 eggs
- -1 cup of oil
- -2/3 cup of water
- -1 can of pumpkin (15oz)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large loaf pan or two smaller pans.
- 1. Mix all the dry ingredients together - flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- 2. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl - eggs, oil, water, and pumpkin.
- 3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- 4. Fill the loaf pan(s) to 2/3 full.
- 5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 6. Enjoy!
- Dollar General sells their generic brand of pumpkin for only $1! Wal-Mart sells their brand for $1.58 and I think Libby's is $1.88.