I will tell you where you can buy the best nachos in Farmington – piled high, smothered in creamy refried beans, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, other goodies, and topped with a healthy serving of guacamole. They are the best! It even says so on their menu.
Nachos hold a special place in my heart. I know that sounds corny, but it’s true.
Once upon a time when my husband and I were going through school and were living far below the poverty level, we would treat ourselves occasionally to our favorite restaurant, El Sombrero.
We would order the nacho grande for $8, share it, and then leave a $2 tip. So for $10, we could eat at a sit-down restaurant and have a great date night and meal!
So where can you eat the best nachos in Farmington? Los Hermanitos.
Must-haves for best nachos:
- Totally shareable – nachos are so fun because they are shareable. That means that they have to be piled high.
- Loaded, you know, with all the good stuff! Beans, beef, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese, and jalapenos or green chile.
- Skip the processed cheese please. We ate at a restaurant in Farmington that served their nachos with nacho cheese sauce. Great for baseball parks, but not what I expected at a restaurant.
- Topped off with sour cream and guacamole! It’s a really good thing that my husband doesn’t like both of those things. I graciously offer to eat his share. Los Hermanitos serves the sour cream on the side.
- 3501 East Main Street and 2400 West Main Street
- Price: $11.95
- Heat level: Completely mild if you order it without the pickled jalapenos.
Question: What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese:) Do you have a different place where you eat your favorite nachos? Please leave a comment on the Living in Farmington, NM Facebook page or in the comment section up above. Thanks for reading!